I created Deskreen. This is a desktop app that makes any device with a web browser a second screen for your computer.
Meet Deskreen — an app that makes any device with a web browser a second screen for your computer. Built with ElectronJS so it is cross-platform. It supports Windows, MacOS and Linux.
- works with WiFi or LAN
- use any device with web browser as second screen for your computer (using Display Dummy Plug)
- use any device web browser to mirror your computer’s screen
- use any device web browser to view a single application window from your computer’s screen
- supports multiple screen sharing sessions to as many devices as you want
- supports changing picture quality while sharing a screen.
- Picture auto quality change supported. (for performance boost while watching youtube video for example)
- End-to-end encryption
- dark mode UI support ;)
- available for Win / Mac / Linux
It all started with me wanting to use my iPad as a second screen for my Macbook. But I found that it is already outdated to use a MacOS built in feature called ‘Sidecar’ and I have to buy a new iPad, which I did not want to do. I also have a Windows PC and sometimes I needed to use my iPad as second screen for it as well. I tried to look for FREE solutions on internet, but I could not find anything that would fit my expectations. Besides, all methods using free software for screen sharing I found, were different for Windows, Mac and Linux. I got very confused about it. Then I got an idea of creating Deskreen. I decided to make it free and open-source to help people to solve this problem. Deskreen works the same for Windows, MacOS and Linux.
People nowadays are buying new devices very often and may have an old tablet, phone or laptop that they stopped using. If your old tablet, phone or laptop is still able to run a browser, Deskreen can help you to bring a new life to your old digital buddy, and you can start using it as a second monitor for your laptop.
Note: app is not Code-Signed yet, code signing is pricy. Any donations are highly encouraged. Donate on Patreon
Thank you all for your attention,